- 12 uncooked large shrimp
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 tbs cornstarch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
- 3 slices white bread
- 1 oz cooked ham
- 1 green onion
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- Remove the head, tail, and shell from shrimp. Devein. Cut down back of shrimp with sharp knife. Gently flatten shrimp.
2. Beat 1 egg, cornstarch, salt and pepper in a small bowl until blended.
3. Remove crusts from white bread. Cut each slice in half.
4. Add shrimp to egg mixture and toss until shrimp is fully coated. Place one shrimp on each piece of
bread. Gently press shrimp onto bread. Brush some egg mixture over each shrimp.
5. Cut ham into 1/2 inch pieces. Finely chop green onions. Place piece of ham and green onions on each
6. Heat oil in deep fryer over medium high heat (375 degrees). Fry shrimp toast for 1-2 min on each side.
Place paper towel on plate to absorb extra oil.