Serving Size: 4-6
- 1/2 box (1/2 lb) angel hair pasta
- 2 tbs butter
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast cut into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp garlic powder with parsley
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- handful of basil chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream (can use half & half for substitute)
- 1/4 cup pesto
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Boil a large pot of water over medium-high heat. Add a dash of salt in the pot. Once water is boiling, add pasta and cook according to package direction.
Add butter and olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic and chicken.
Once chicken begins to brown reduce heat to low and let simmer.
Add salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese, pesto, and heavy cream to skillet. Cook until the inside of chicken is no longer pink.
Pour pesto mixture over pasta and mix.
Top pasta with chopped basil.